What do you need to be an Uber driver?
Being an Uber driver is a great way to make some extra money on the side. But how do you become an Uber driver, what is the best car for Uber work, what are the Uber driver requirements, and can you drive a rental car with Uber?
To be an Uber driver, you must undertake an application process. The idea behind Uber is that it’s accessible to most people. There are, however, a few minimum requirements you should know about. Some of these are:
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- You must have access to a vehicle that meets Uber’s vehicle requirements
- You must hold a valid full driver’s licence in your state or territory
- You must have held a full driver’s licence in any Australian state or territory for at least 12 months
- You must provide all the necessary documents required in your state or territory
- You must be listed as an insured driver for the vehicle you plan to drive
As part of your application, Uber will perform a background check. In order to complete this, you will need to be able to provide the following documents:
- A full driver’s licence for your state or territory
- Your passport or birth certificate
- Proof of vehicle insurance as required in the state or territory you plan to drive in
- Any other documents required in the state or territory you plan to drive in
- A driver profile photo
For more information on the Uber application process, head over to their website.
Become an Uber driver
Fancy earning some extra money with Uber but don’t have your own car? No problem!
You can rent a vehicle and use it as an Uber car. As long as you are properly insured on the vehicle, and the vehicle meets Uber’s standard requirements, you are good to go!
Uber car rental Sydney
If you’re looking to hire a car for Uber in Victoria, New South Wales or Queensland without breaking the bank, check out DriveMyCar’s Uber rental options. We’re completely up to date with all the Uber vehicle guidelines, provide the correct insurance, , and have plenty of flexible car hire options to fit your Uber shifts.
So, don’t let a small issue like not having a car put you off becoming an Uber driver. Rent a car today and start earning some extra cash on your own time.
And please note, this information is correct as of the time of publication. Please be sure to do your research and consider your own situation before making any decisions. And when you’re ready, DriveMyCar is here to help!